Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lost Lake Park

I just got word from one of my contacts at the County of Fresno that on Tuesday, January 27th the Board of Supervisors will be reviewing its midyear fiscal status and apparently seriously considering closing their parks including Lost Lake due to budget concerns

Fresno Audubon has been seeking an active role in the problems surrounding Lost Lake with our Friends of Lost Lake group. Today, myself and a few others will be touring the park and identifying specific projects we'd like to undertake and propose to the board on Tuesday. I'd prefer not to throw together the proposals on such short notice, but I've been warned that the possibility of closure is real and that a later meeting would simply be too late for us to present these ideas.

I encourage everyone who is able to attend the Board of Supervisors meeting: Tuesday, January 27 - 9am - Hall of Records and to also contact your Supervisor and tell them that closing parks is out of the question. More information about the Board of Supes, including contact info is available here

No comments: